Homemade Orange Chocolate Bar
Want to make an orange chocolate bar from scratch? This homemade orange chocolate bar is made of only four ingredients, is free of refined sugars, and is vegan and low-carb!
- 237 ml (1 cup) melted coconut oil
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) raw cocoa powder
- 60 ml (4 tablespoons) erythritol*
- Segments of 1 small orange or clementine, peel, pith, and membrane removed
*The fermentation of wheat or corn starch produces sugar alcohol, which is a crystalline product people can add to foods for flavor in a similar way to sugar. Erythritol is a type of sugar alcohol, and can be found in health food stores or online.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the coconut oil. When entirely melted, add cocoa powder and erythritol and stir well to combine. Remove from heat and stir the chocolate mixture for 3 minutes.
2. Pour the mixture into a square or round silicone cake pan. Cut the orange into small pieces and scatter across the top of the chocolate.
3. Place the pan in the fridge for about 1 hour or in the freezer for half an hour. Remove chocolate from pan, break into pieces, and enjoy!