Quick Thai-Inspired Peanut Butter Ramen Noodles
This recipe is featured in From Prison Life to Chef Knife
I learned this recipe for quick Thai-inspired Peanut Butter Ramen Noodles from a guy I used to go to church with who was fresh out of prison. This guy is a heck of a cook and he now works as a chef at a famous Mongolian grill in the USA.
- 3-ounce packet instant ramen noodles (reserve the seasoning pack for another purpose)
- 22.5 ml (1 1/2 tablespoons) smooth peanut butter
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) honey
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) soy sauce
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) sweet chili sauce
- 10 m l (2 teaspoons) minced fresh garlic
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) chopped peanuts
- Thinly sliced scallions, for garnish
- Cook the ramen noodles according to the package directions, being careful not to overcook (they should be slightly firm). Drain off most of the water in a bowl, and keep the noodles hot.
2. To the bowl add the peanut butter and mix well so that it melts. Add the honey, soy sauce, chili sauce, and garlic. Mix well. Pour this mixture back over the hot noodles. Add the chopped peanuts and mix lightly. Garnish with sliced scallions and serve.