Graceful Peony – a refreshing pomegranate white tea cocktail
This recipe is featured in Graceful Peony – A Cocktail Made with Pomegranate Peony White Tea
The gift of a pomegranate is the gift of grace. Graceful Peony has grace, sweetness, refreshing soul and enough uniqueness to make you want to share it with friends. This cocktail is sweet, unique, and refreshing and will give you a good idea how loose leaf tea can change gin in one simple “dry” steep. It’s a perfect choice for lazy lounge parties or a relaxed afternoon garden cocktail party for all those that cannot get enough of the delicious pomegranate flavor.
- 100 ml pink tonic water
- 250-500 ml gin (of which you will need 50 ml (1.7 ounces))
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) Pomegranate Peony white tea
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) elderberry syrup
- A few fresh pomegranate seeds
- Lime wedge
You will also need an empty teabag infuser for infusing the tea leaves. You can crush the leaves before placing a teabag into the bottle. 500 ml of gin is enough for making 10 drinks. Use teabags that will not release the strong paper flavor.
- Put 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of Pomegranate Peony loose leaf tea in a teabag and infuse in 250-500 ml of gin overnight. The more tea you use, the more flavor you will get. Nevertheless, use, don’t abuse, as you will ruin the gin if you over-infuse it. Do not add any water and do not boil the gin. Close the cap tightly.
2. When the tea-infused gin is ready, mix all of the ingredients in a glass with ice and stir well. Add one lime wedge and, if available, a few fresh pomegranate seeds.