Smoked Duck Salad with Orange and Asian Dressing
This recipe is featured in Finding a Closer Connection with our Food
I like this salad best when the duck is added to the salad warm, having just been smoked.
- Servings 2
For the salad:
- 50 grams salad leaves
- 2 large oranges, segmented and juice from the pith squeezed out and reserved
- 2 hot smoked duck breasts, sliced
For the dressing:
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) soy sauce
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) runny honey
- Reserved orange juice
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 2.5 ml (1/2 teaspoon) Chinese five spice powder
- 1 cm (1/3 inch) piece peeled fresh ginger, finely grated
1. For the salad: Place the salad leaves in a large bowl and add the orange segments.
2. For the dressing: Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, and whisk until blended. Set aside.
3. For assembly: Pour the dressing over the salad. Top with slices of duck breast and serve immediately.