This recipe is featured in Decoding the Cocktail Menu: 5 Steps to Ordering a Drink You’ll Love
One of the many things we love about the Negroni is the way it serves as a template for other recipes, like this one. If you’re a St. Germain lover, use it as your gateway to whiskey. If you’re a whiskey lover, let it bring out your softer side.
- 30 ml (1 fl. ounce) blended Scotch whiskey
- 30 ml (1 fl. ounce) St. Germain
- 30 ml (1 fl. ounce) sweet vermouth
- Brandied cherry, for garnish-- make it a genuine Luxardo cherry or similar, not one of those bright red ones from the top of a sundae.
1. Combine the whiskey, St. Germain, and vermouth in a mixing glass.
2. Add ice to the level of the liquid.
3. Stir until the ice has noticeably melted.
4. Strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish.